All photography provided by Decay Devils.
The Decay Devils plan to spearhead historic building preservation and restoration efforts in Northwest Indiana and beyond. It is our goal to bring new life and restore beauty, safety, and activity in the places we once looked past or cringed at. Our passion for the renovation and preservation of historical sites led us on adventures across the United States and around the world. We’ve learned more about historic building preservation and possibilities for our own restoration efforts in Rome, Vancouver, New Orleans, and Gary. Through our travels, connections, and partners, we believe that we can be the catalyst for change.
The Decay Devils’ intend to lead the movement in restoring unoccupied historical buildings and landmarks around the world. We hope to reinstate a sense of pride and beauty in neglected areas by making repairs and blending the old relics with modern-day infrastructures. We expect to create multiple revenue streams off of these refurbished places to further the restoration and preservation of other historical sites.
What We've Achieved
- Awarded the Transforming Lake County Grant through John S. and James L. Knight Foundation Donor Advised Fund at Legacy Foundation
- Downtown Gary History Walking Tours
- Gary, IN Blight Day Participant
- Gary Union Station Revival Project
- St Monica St Luke Oral History Time Capsule Project
- Marquette Beach Clean-up with the Alliance for the Great Lakes